School Meals at Tolworth Junior School
We have a fabulous kitchen and dining hall where meals are cooked by Harrison Catering Services Limited.
Why choose school meals for your child?
- School meals offer a selection of freshly cooked main meals and desserts every day, often including pasta, salad, fresh fruit and yoghurt. Our school meals are currently £2.25 a day.
- All meals are nutritionally balanced over the course of one week and are served by friendly and cheerful catering staff. Children can sit down together and enjoy their meal whilst at the same time developing social skills of eating together that are so important in later life.
- A well fed and happy child is more likely to be receptive to participating in the afternoon's activities.
- Convenience - someone else preparing and cooking lunch for your child saves you time preparing a packed lunch every day.
How do I pay for my child's meals?
Beat the queues on a Monday morning by paying for your child’s school lunch on line 24/7 by clicking here. Please speak to the office staff for a unique access code.
As soon as you have completed your online payment your child’s dinner money account is credited with your payment.
You can also pay by a cheque (made payable to Tolworth Junior School) or cash in a sealed envelope with your child’s name and class into school on a weekly / termly basis.
Free School Meals
Free school meals are offered to children of families who are in receipt of:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Benefits Free School Meals
- Your child will enjoy a delicious and nutritious hot meal, improving their ability to concentrate and learn.
- The school will receive additional funding for every child registered to receive free school meals. This is additional investment in your child’s education.
- Your weekly food bill will be decreased.
How do I apply for free school meals?
- Click here to complete the on-line application form on the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames' website.
- Contact the Information and Advice Centre on 020 8547 5004 or email email@example.com
- By visiting the school in complete confidence with your National Insurance number and Date of Birth where the application can be made on your behalf.
Please consider applying for free school meals if you are eligible, even if you would prefer to send your child to school with a packed lunch as your application will attract additional funding for the school.
For pupils who prefer a packed lunch, these should be in a container marked with your child’s name. Drinks must be in an unbreakable container – no glass bottles, thermos flasks or pressurised tins are allowed. Tolworth School is a health promoting school and packed lunches should not contain fizzy drinks, chocolate or sweets. We are also a nut free school and therefore, you must not include nuts or food containing nuts in your child’s packed lunch.