Through PE (Physical Education), we aim to encourage a lifetime love of sport and keeping fit. Our PE and sport aspires to build determination, passion, respect, honesty, self-belief and teamwork. These values will endeavour to:
- o Improve health and well-being.
- o Provide a broad range of high quality opportunities and outcomes for all.
- o Encourage community involvement.
- o Promote active participation and competition at all levels.
- o Raise achievement and supporting excellence
In KS1 the curriculum focuses on fundamental movement skills to develop agility, balance and co-ordination. Curriculum content includes ball skills, team games and dance activities. Children are encouraged be active and to develop their co-ordination, control and movement through moving and handling activities which involve the use of a range of equipment and involve different spatial experiences.
At KS2 pupils will continue to apply and develop a range of skills and units of work which include a range fielding and striking games, gymnastics, dance, athletics and swimming. Children’s experiences will also be enriched through opportunities for outdoor and adventurous activities.